Feeling like some Sumac Lamb?
Well thanks to the new Mega Grill by George Foreman it’s never been easier!
Sumac Lamb With Quinoa Tabouli
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 4 x 200g lamb backstraps
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked to packet instructions
- 1 cup couscous, cooked to packet instructions
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- ½ cup pepita seeds
- ½ cup currants
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 bunch continental parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 2tbs honey
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Heat your George Foreman Mega Grill
- Place the lamb in a large baking tray and coat with oil, cumin, cinnamon, salt and oil. Place lamb on the George Foreman Mega Grill with the lid closed. Cook for 5-7 minutes until cooked through, then rest for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, place all the dressing ingredients in a small jug, whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked quinoa and couscous, sesame seeds, almonds, pepita seeds, currants, cranberries, parsley and mint. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine. Transfer salad to a serving platter.
- Slice the lamb and place on top of the salad with extra mint leaves.
A flavoursome and easy crowd pleaser!
Image: George Foreman