Feeling like a Chilli Lime Prawn Salad?
Well thanks to the Indoor/Outdoor BBQ Grill by George Foreman it’s never been easier!
Chilli Lime and Coriander Prawn Salad
Preparation Time:2o minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 1 bunch coriander,
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed & finely chopped
- 1 stem lemongrass, bruised & finely chopped
- 2 small red chillies, de-seeded & thinly sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1kg green King Prawns, peeled (tails on) and de-veined
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 2 avocados, peeled, diced
- 4 leaves Iceberg lettuce, roughly torn
- 2 tbs pickled ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 Spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Method: 1. Finely chop ½ the coriander leaves and place in a ceramic dish with the oil, garlic, lemongrass, chillies. Add prawns and stir to combine all the flavours. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes (or up to an hour if time permits).
- Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, peel long thin strips from cucumbers. Combine cucumber, avocado, lettuce, remaining coriander leaves and lime juice and sesame oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor BBQ Grill on medium-high heat for at least 5 minutes. BBQ prawns for 2 minutes on each side until pink and starting to char. Transfer to a plate.
- Pile the cucumber salad onto a serving platter and arrange prawns on the top with a sprinkling of sliced pickled ginger and spring onion.
We’ve said it before and we will say it again, we LOVE our George Foreman, so if you don’t already have one, GO GET ONE!!!
Image: George Foreman